Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Worried About Becoming THAT FRIEND

Planning my Norwex launch party has turned out to be more mental than physical.  Yes, I need to plan, shop for and prepare some snacks & beverages.  The family has been told that we are in a post-Easter holding pattern as far as keeping their things picked up and out of the entranceway, kitchen & dining room.  My teacher training has helped me create a “Lesson Plan” style demonstration.  But my biggest obstacle is striking the right balance salesmanship, honesty and friendship.

  • Salesmanship: I truly believe that Norwex sells an incredible product; I am very excited to be introducing others to Nowex and have learned so much that I want to share.
  • Honesty: I truly believe that reducing chemical toxins in the home is a POSITIVE mission
  • Friendship: Above all else, I value friends and family and never want to make anyone uncomfortable as I pursue my mission.

At my age I really don’t care what the general public thinks, nor do spend much time second-guessing daily decisions.  When I’m invited to a “party” that is really a product demonstration I have no qualms about deciding not to go (something I just do not use or want) or deciding to go if I am interested in the product or social company.  I know what I like and what I don’t.    Parties where I am supporting some of my closest friends are usually lots of fun.  However, I’ll never forget how these parties used to be: high pressure sales and tricky “games” where you find yourself suddenly committed to hosting a party.  

Thankfully everything I've experienced at Norwex has been the opposite of high pressure.  I initiated ordering additional products 3 months after going to a party. I initiated becoming a consultant. The consultant I signed up under nonchalantly said she’d email me some information after I'd asked.  At the regional meeting when I was not yet on board, I was given a free gift for coming and was allowed to leave with ZERO pressure. But what about my friends who may still feel that “UGH! Another sales party”


Dear Friends, please be assured that our friendship is more important to me than any material good or financial incentive.  My product demonstrations will be fun gatherings of people interested in my mission or out for some drinks with good company.   My initial few months will be very exciting for me and I will try to be as nonchalant as my upline and refrain from bringing Norwex into every conversation we have.  If you ever feel I’m carrying on, just say “Carol, you’re becoming THAT friend” and I’ll know what you mean with no offense taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment