Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Like for your Number! ...I bet 90% will not repost...

1.       I don’t need to “like” someone else’s “number” litany to create one of my own.

2.       I read things I like quite often and don’t feel the need to share them with anyone.  If I remember I might verbally mention it to someone in person.

3.       I regret that sometimes I get caught up in social media culture and pass on information on line that is not necessary (but sometimes those funny cat pics are just soooo cute and I think most things Pope Francis says IS necessary).

4.       I believe telling “the world” (aka Facebook) what you did today, will do tomorrow, ate for lunch, etc. is really silly, not to mention self-indulgent.

5.       I realize many people will recognize themselves as self-indulgent; I’m not scolding or judging, this is a gentle reminder (to me).

6.       I overuse parenthesis (despite being qualified as an English teacher) all the time (and sometimes quotation marks for emphasis).

7.       Although I conduct many financial transactions on-line and have faith in internet security I do not think one should put every facet of their life on-line.  Yes, someone could browse my FB and come up with my family dynamics pretty quickly; I’d rather not make it too easy though. For example I have never given eBay my home address (on any of my accounts).  If an irate customer comes to find me – they’ll find themselves in an industrial park.


8.       Apparently the number I have given myself is 8.  From reading Dan Brown’s Inferno I’ve learned that 8 has to do with rebirth and resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment