Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Three weeks as a Norwex Consultant!

Real Quick Update on my Journey as a Norwex Independent Sales Consultant:

I’m still loving Norwex products and happily trying to spread the mission! The day of my Launch party I had THREE people who I was confident would show, call and let me know they couldn’t make it!  Par for the Direct Sales course, I’m sure. One placed an online order right away and I had another two (ok, they are my sisters!) also place online orders.

Six people came and asked great questions – thus my business was successfully launched. The demonstrations all went well and as planned. Upon checkout, I realized I had spent so much time planning the “lesson plan” of the party that I absolutely forgot about how to write up the sales slip! Ugh, what is the darn tax in CT?  0.0635? Fortunately my neighbor was extremely helpful and tutored my taxation.  After everyone departed I had five spanking new orders!  I sat down to input them and was met with frustration trying to get everything into the website.  Part of this was because I am new and it’s my first time and part of it is because I have a systems background and really don’t think I need much training or documentation they sent me. WRONG! (I’m still muddling through and listening to their online trainings when I can). 

I decided to sleep on it and was able to get the party entered the next day.  I realized I didn’t charge anyone shipping – ate that out of my commission and lesson learned.


One thing I’ve done right is to meet with two friends who are in direct sales (Ava Anderson and Mary Kay).  I sat down over coffee with each of them and they were a wealth of information and ideas.  

Norwex offers incentives in Fresh Steps and I am on track - I've met my first step and feel confident that I will meet my second.

No comments:

Post a Comment