Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What If....I'm the Last Fatty Standing

You know that feeling of seeing someone you haven’t seen in a long time and they’ve lost tons of weight but you haven’t.  You’re happy for them and want to know how they did it, but part of you feels a rock in your stomach as you realize you’re the last one in this group of friends who is shopping in the plus sized section.  Days like today I like to look for that rock and remember the feeling.  I don’t want to be the last one.  I saw a photo of someone I haven’t seen in a while and that was my thought – she’s lost all the weight, we’re no longer the chubby buddies complaining together about ill-fitting bras and worrying about having to get on a scale before getting on an airplane.  Turns out it was just a very complimentary photo, but I still look to embrace that feeling because it motivates me.

As I pounded away on the Elliptical Crosstrainer today I imagined going to a party, reunion, etc. and everyone is normal weight but me.  That’s scary stuff.  What if…school resumes and I’m the last plus-size mom at pickup in September?

(I realize this is a very shallow post – no, I don’t dwell on comparisons of myself to others!  But sometimes these thoughts enter my mind and if I can use them for motivation, what’s the harm?)


(and don’t get on me because I used the term “fatty” – everyone has their words of preference for unpleasant things; I have absolutely no problem with the word fat and I’m using it to describe MYSELF.  I would never use it to describe another person – then I go for the gentler adjectives or just describe th
e person as being “my size”). 

No comments:

Post a Comment