Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Back in the Game, Baby! Mini Blog Post ~ 6 June 2017

Hit the gym this morning with nothing but my phone’s access to limitless exercise suggestions.  Queried some balance ball exercises and tried a bunch out. The following 2 images were the most helpful.  Some proved impossible for me, but I tried out about a dozen. 


Then found 2 abdominal resistance machines to do (the basic ab cruncher and the twister one). Finally headed upstairs for 35 mins on the Elliptical crosstrainer.  While at the gym, I had a friend cancel our scheduled 9:30 walk, but I hope to get out there a little later (it’s raining) for at least 2 miles.

Came home and made my standard Quaker quick steel cut oatmeal w/1 diced apple & cinnamon, but forgot my almond slivers so I’ll add them to my salad at lunch.

Below is my standard Monday/Wednesday/Friday routine:

My strength training routine: everything is 20 reps, beginning at 10 lbs. weights (transitioning to 150
·         Biceps
o   Trad. Curls
o   Hammer Curls
o   Wide Curls
·         Triceps
o   Standing Kickbacks
o   DB Close Grip Press
o   Lying Extensions

During my 90 sec. breaks I fill in with Lunges, Yoga Warrior Poses, abdominal crunches on an exercise ball and other stretches.

·         Hips
o   Hip Adductor resistance machine @ 140 lbs.
o   Hip Abductor resistance machine @ 140 lbs.

I run through the entire workout twice and then do the Biceps & Triceps a 3rd time.

Reward at the end is a CandleStick pose on the foam roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment