Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

How Can the Tops of My Feet Hurt?

It’s hard, very hard!  Again the first week of the month has been a challenge.  My body has revolted against my healthy habits.  I go to the gym and come home ravenous.  If I don’t feed the hunger (with lots and lots of food) then I get odd aches and pains making me feel like exercising would be a mistake.  Today while running the tops of my feet hurt, really hurt!  I never even knew foot tops could hurt. 

As you know by now, I’m in it for the long haul and am still committed to my lifestyle changes. Self-talk is something that has really helped.  At times when I let that slip and worry about other things, my motivation and resolve slips as well.  So at night while falling asleep and while running I need to keep my pep talk running. My pep talk consists of where I’ve been, where I’m going and how to get there.  I reflect on what has worked and what hasn’t.  Here’s a review of how I tackled some challenges in January (I need to keep playing these in my head so I can tackle the next bumps with even more resolve.)

"MID-WINTER"
Otis sometimes poses for a really nice picture.
Some challenges in January that I OVERCAME:

  • Everyone started week 1 dieting and I was having a hard time (waaah, waaah….I forgave myself & moved on)
  • The week I had a cold I discovered that one of the reasons I eat is when I feel a little sick.  It’s logical to think that food would give me energy, right?  So I dabbled in more carbs & calories and eventually went to lunch w/my son for a steamed cheeseburger & fries.  This same week my youngest made Muddy Buddies and they were very, very tasty.  I forgave myself for the burger & fries and portioned out the Muddy Buddies in snack baggies. Then told my 6th grader how many baggies she had so I couldn’t sneak anymore.
  • Went to a club meeting where everyone brings an appetizer or dessert.  Due to my cold that week I had not made anything healthy myself but brought cheese, pepperoni & crackers.  This group tends to share lots of good homemade goodies!  I loaded up on the salad even though it had walnuts in it (which I hate). Then I allowed about 2 T of anything else.  And I tracked every nibble in S Health!  I had a small corn muffin w/1/2 c chili, 2 tortilla chips w/corn relish, 1 oz. cheese, 1 serving of triscuits, 1 c. strawberries, the salad w/walnuts & dressing and a bite of baked brie
I’m still astounded that I’m really committed to eating healthfully and exercising.  My lapses have not been binges.  I struggled with a cold and missed exercise.  Never in a million years did I think I would miss exercise.
I had the first of my 2 annual doctor exams.  It felt so good to show a weight loss from last year! 
The Joy of being Outside!

Who's a Good Boy?





No comments:

Post a Comment